Thursday, May 27, 2010

Another First

I love my husband for having the patience to teach me things like "Camping" and everything tent camping entails.  Growing up we didn't go camping (lets just say we had a bad experience) so when I go hiking or camping with my husband it's a new little adventure.  Since meeting the love of my life, I am famous for saying, "Another First!" 

As I flip through my scrapbooks, I see a pattern forming in my designs...geometric lines with a small grouping of collage.  This layout's design was a challenge for me since I wanted to include all three pictures but the pictures with this pattern paper combo was just too busy for my eye on a single 12x12. 


Another First
(click to enlarge photos)
This was a layout that sat in the bottom of my project box, incomplete, for a year now. I just couldn't find the right font for the title. I had even cut out some letters using my Silhouette; to no satisfaction. This was a project that kept getting buried and buried. Last weekend, when I came across the layout again, I was thrilled because I had found some Thickers to make this 2-page spread complete!  Thickers' Salutations font works perfectly for this camping layout.  


Using Cosmo Cricket Mr. Campy Paper Line, Prima Flower, some jewels, and Michael's Crafts Coaster


The chipboard was painted with Ranger's Tim Holtz Crackle Paint.  I love the embossing on The Little Yellow Bicycle journal cards.  That little touch adds a lot especially when inked.


I was so please with the final result!

2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful! I love all the details, you pay such attention to that. :) And I hope you have many more happy camping experiences!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about time! LOL! Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete