Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Craft Warehouse: Basic Grey Pyrus & Wander

When the Craft Warehouse Design Team got this month’s assignment we were all so excited over these two new lines from Basic Grey!  The collections come with a variety of double sided papers with a vast variety of prints making them very versatile. 

Pyrus is warm and rich in color and texture.  I love the greens and golds…lots of pears, flowers and trees.  Very earthly.   




The Perfect Pear by Rebecca Grinder
(click to enlarge)

Josh and I spent our last weekend of the summer on a little adventure.  We took a country drive and ended our trip in the heart of Oregon Wine Country. Farm to Fork, a little restaurant at the Inn at Red Hills in Dundee Oregon, serves an amazing gourmet meal.  After our meal, we took our coffee and dessert outside to the outdoor patio where we enjoyed staring at the blue sky and soaked in the peace and quiet.


I inked some of the Basic Grey Basics Accents journal blocks then layered, layered, layered.

Basic Grey’s Wander collection is bold in color and style.  The line is obviously perfect for all of your travel, vacation, and big city pictures/layouts but I was impressed by this line’s masculine retro accent prints perfect for boy themes as well.   
    




Together Sky's the Limit by Rebecca Grinder
(click to enlarge)

To make the skyline I cut buildings from patterned paper, included the chipboard stickers as well as some of Basic Grey's basics stickers.  I used foam dots for a 3-D effect.  Although this layout took me longer than I expected, I had a blast and was thrilled with the final result!




2 comments:

  1. Rebecca what a beautiful layout! I love how colorful this is!!!!! I sure wished we lived close by one another!!!

    Have a blessed weekend!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just fantastic LOs ! Love the way you used the houses for a skyline.

    ReplyDelete